Sunday, January 23, 2011

Title Games, and other things

Today is championship weekend in the NFL. Two teams will punch their tickets to the Super Bowl, while two others will join 28 other teams already looking towards next season.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't still a little disappointed that today's NFC title game isn't being played in the Georgia Dome. I will be watching as the Packers take on the Bears today. Not sure it will be much of a game though.

It's not just that the Packers looked so good last week against the Falcons, or that the Bears haven't really looked like a Super Bowl contender all year. The main reason I think the Packers will head to Dallas in two weeks is that the Packers are simply a better team on both sides of the ball. For the Bears to win today, I think Devin Hester would have to have a return for a touchdown, and the Bears would have to win the turnover battle by 3. The Packers are just that good, and right now, I think they are the favorites to win the Super Bowl.

In the nightcap, anything could happen. I wouldn't have ever picked the Jets last weekend against the Patriots. I can't see the Jets beating Pittsburg today, but then again, the Jets do things like no other team in the league. Win or lose, the Jets have over-achieved for a 2nd straight season. If I had to put money on it, I would take the Steelers, but not by much.

We are currently 10 days away from the biggest moment in the coaching career of Mark Richt. With the possible signing of Isaiah Crowell and Ray Drew in addition to the signings Georgia has already gotten for the class of 2011 will give Georgia a great deal of momentum and hope heading into their game with Boise State in the Georgia Dome.

No comments:

Post a Comment